June 23, 2017
BCBSRI brings New England Health Plan to market for October 1
Rhode Island businesses face two pressing problems when developing benefits plans for their employees. First, like employers across the country, they struggle with medical and pharmacy costs. Second, almost unique to Rhode Island, their workforces frequently span multiple states.
To address those concerns, we are introducing the market-proven New England Health Plan to Rhode Island starting October 1, 2017.
Part of our BlueCHiP family of coordinated care plans, these plans will provide businesses with low-cost network options across five New England states, and they will allow businesses to offer the same regional plan to all their employees, whether they live in Rhode Island or nearby.
Are these plans right for your clients?
- These plans work well for employees and families living in other New England states or for businesses based in Rhode Island that have regional satellite offices.
- They also offer the flexibility of regional care to employees in Rhode Island.
- Coordinated care is at the core of this plan, which can lead to better care at lower costs. Members can choose a primary care provider (PCP) where they live.
- This lower premium product can help control medical costs for your clients.
Network of providers
With this plan, already proven successful in the New England market, members can use Blue Cross and Blue Shield doctors and hospitals in Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, including:
- 11,000+ PCPs
- Over 30,000 specialists
- Close to 200 hospitals, such as:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- The Miriam Hospital
- Women & Infants Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Support for New England Health Plan
While interest in New England Health Plan already exists, we will promote its advantages for employers within a broader campaign that highlights key improvements in our offerings. Contact your BCBSRI representative for more information.