September 21, 2016
Enhancements to Find a Doctor and My Cost Calculator online tools
Our Find a Doctor and My Cost Calculator online tools—available after logging in to bcbsri.com —give members a resource to find provider demographic information (doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and other providers), quality ratings, and cost estimates of various healthcare services.
In response to feedback we’ve received, we’ve recently enhanced these tools with new features and improved functionality to help to make it easier for members to find the information they need to make the best and most informed healthcare decisions.
Improved search functionality includes:
- Dedicated search pages for doctors, dentists, and vision providers
- Pre-filled member information, including their product and location
- Auto-complete functionality that provides a list of options as keywords are typed
- All in-network PCPs can be returned with a single search
- Search for providers by entering name, specialty, condition, or body part
The ability to search cost estimates for roughly 400 medical services (for example, office visit, knee replacement, MRI) and see providers’ out-of-pocket and total costs, based on the members’ benefits*
The results page has been enhanced to include:
- Labels for primary care providers
- Unlimited search results
- An increased search radius – search defaults to 25 miles, and can be changed to increments between 1 and 100 miles
- The ability to filter by specialty, provider’s gender, quality recognition, languages spoken by staff, and provider type
*This tool only provides cost estimates and certain quality measures. Actual pricing may vary.